District Collectorate: District Collectorate is situated in civil lines, harsud road, khandwa. Collector Office is quite separate from common residential area. It is an 100 year old building constructed in 1819.
Many offices like District and sessions court, Office of the Conservator of Forest, Office of Supdt. of Police, Zila Panchayat, Janpad Panchayat, Subdivision Office, Tehsil Office, Agriculture, Veterinary, Rural Engineering Services, PHE, akashwani etc are located in surroundings.
Old grand look with Greeneries and peaceful environment increases royalness of the building.
District Collector performs widely varied roles as and when required. He is Administrative Head and Magistrate of the District, He establishes coordination between departments, he completes activities/ tasks of governemnt as and when assigned.
As District Magistrate
- Maintenance of law and order.
- Supervision of subordinate Executive Magistracy.
- Hearing cases under the preventive section of the Revenue Code.
- Supervision of jails and certification of execution of capital sentences.
- Arbitrator of land acquisition.
- Disaster management during natural calamities such as floods, famines or epidemics.
- Crisis management during riots or external aggression.
- Land assessment
- Collection of excise duties, irrigation dues etc.
- Distribution of agricultural loans
- Chairman of the District Bankers Coordination Committee
- Head of the All District departments